Jomo Kenyatta University- Mombasa Campus is located at the heart of the coastal city of Mombasa in the stylish Mombasa Trade Centre (formerly Ambalal building) along Nkrumah road. The campus is the sole occupant of the northern tower of the complex and it provides a classic 360 degrees view of the city and the incredibly beautiful horizons of the Indian Ocean. This location was carefully selected to provide the rare, serene, relaxed, and conducive learning atmosphere with both the coastal and the upcountry executive and non-executive learner in mind. We are, particularly, the campus of choice for upcountry students who wish to experience quality education in a truly relaxing coastal setting.
Jomo Kenyatta University- Mombasa Campus offers a blend of general, management, and technology-based long-term academic courses and tailor-made executive short courses. Our executive training is, particularly, strategically supported by the university’s corporate partners in order to meet the ever-changing training needs of the executive trainee. Our executive training targets ambitious up-ward looking executives in companies, non-governmental organizations, local authorities, academic and research institutions, government ministries and agencies, parastatals, and self-run consulting firms, who wish to gather specialized skills to propel them to higher levels in their careers.
JKUAT is particularly keen to meet training needs at the core of coastal economies in the region. To achieve this, the campus has introduced unique courses such as Bachelor of Science in Supply Chain Management (with options in Shipping/Marine Management, Clearing and Forwarding and Transport and Logistics), Bachelor of Purchasing and supplies courses, the Bachelor of Business Information Technology (BBIT) and the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, among others.
A University of global excellence in Training, Research, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship for development.
- To offer accessible quality training, research, innovation, and entrepreneurship in order to produce leaders in the fields of Agriculture, Engineering, Technology, Enterprise Development, Built Environment, Health Sciences, Social Sciences, and other Applied Sciences to suit the needs of a dynamic world.
- To provide directly or indirectly or in collaboration with the main campus, other campuses, institutions of higher learning, facilities for university education including Management, Marine Science, Technology, other Natural and Social Sciences, and professional education, and integration of teaching, research, and effective application of knowledge and skills to the life, work and welfare of citizens of Kenya.
- To enhance the discovery of new frontiers of knowledge and information and stimulate the intellectual participation of students in the socio-economic and technological, development of Kenya.
- To play an effective role in the development of management and technology in conjunction with the industry and to provide extension services so as to contribute to the social and economic development of Kenya.
- To enhance institutional effectiveness and efficiency by providing tailor-made corporate level training and management solutions through short courses and consultancy interventions.