The Co-operative Bank of Kenya – Thika is incorporated in Kenya. Under the Company Act and is also licensed to do the business of banking under the Banking Act.
The Co-operative Bank of Kenya – Thika was registered under the Co-operative Societies Act at the point of founding in 1965. This status was retained up to and until June 27th, 2008. When the Bank’s Special General Meeting resolved to incorporate under the Companies Act. With a view to complying with the requirements for listing on the Nairobi Securities Exchange.
The Bank went public and was listed on December 22nd, 2008.
Shares before held by the 3,805 Co-operative Societies and unions. Ring-fenced under CoopHoldings Co-operative Society Limited. Which became the strategic investor in the Bank with a 64.56% stake.
The Bank runs three subsidiary companies, namely:
- Kingdom Securities Limited: This is a stockbroking firm with the bank holding a controlling 60% stake.
- Co-opTrust Investment Services Limited: This is the fund management subsidiary wholly owned by the bank.
- Co-op Consultancy & Insurance Agency Limited (CCIA). This is corporate finance.
- Financial advisory and a capacity-building subsidiary wholly owned by the bank.
To be the dominant bank in Kenya and the region. Riding on the unique Co-operative Model providing innovative financial solutions. For distinctive customer experience.
To offer a wide range of innovative financial solutions. Leveraging on our heavy investment in multi-channel, national and regional presence. And with a focus on excellent customer experience by a highly motivated and talented team.
- We are Innovative and Agile
- We Value our Customers/People
- We have a Passion for Excellence
- We are Bold and courageous